CNBS is based on the synergistic integration and unrivaled strengths of several truly world class programs within CNBS partner institutions:
- Sandia National Laboratories - is a national resource in nano-design, development, fabrication, and machining and true partners of CNBS in this venture in order to assure that CNBS’ research, education and industrial collaboration / technology transfer programs provide maximum benefit to the State of Florida, the Center.
- Santa Fe College, SF has a long history in workforce development. UF in collaboration with SF in Gainesville has designing a workforce development program that will enable nano-biotechnology related industries to flourish in Florida.
- The Particle Engineering Research Center (PERC) at UF is the only NSF Engineering Research Center in the state of Florida and is a world-renowned resource in synthesis, modification, characterization, and assembly of nanoparticulate systems.
- The McKnight Brain Institute's (MBI) 210,000 ft2, $60M facility brings together over 250 faculty members from 50 departments in eight colleges at UF with unparalleled medical sciences expertise and applications of critical importance to CNBS, especially in nano-bio imaging, gene therapy, and vascular diseases enterprises.
- The Nanoscale Institute for Medical and Engineering Technology's (NIMET) 80 faculty and staff in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, engineering, and materials science, working in the 52,000 square foot Nanoscale Research Facility at UF, bring nationally unique resources in nano-electronics, device design, and fabrication excellence to produce nano-bio applications including nano-structured prototypes for sensors, probes, and devices enabling timely commercialization.